Email marketing is the most cost-effective and direct way to reach your customers with personalized messages. It’s also the most popular method for generating new leads and increasing sales. Email campaigns can be used for everything from promoting a product or service, introducing new products or services, and building customer loyalty. In this post, we will discuss what email marketing is and how it works, why you should consider using it as an e-commerce business owner, types of email marketing campaigns and tips on creating a successful one!
What Is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a form of direct marketing that uses electronic mail as a sales tool. It’s also one of the most effective forms of advertising, with response rates averaging around 10%.
Email marketing can be used to communicate with customers and prospects in a variety of ways:
- Send messages about new products or services
- Announce events and webinars that you’re hosting
- Remind them about special offers they may have missed (like free shipping)
Email marketing doesn’t just make sense; it’s necessary!
How Email Marketing Works
Email marketing is a form of direct marketing and online marketing which uses electronic mail (email) to send advertisements to a targeted audience. It can be used for lead generation, sales, customer loyalty and other business purposes.
Email marketing may be sent to a purchased mailing list, or it can be sent using email services that allow you to build subscriber lists using HTML forms embedded in web pages or simple contact forms on websites. It’s also possible to use software that will enable you to create and manage opt-in email lists without coding any HTML yourself.
6 Benefits of email marketing
The following are the six main benefits of email marketing;
- It can help you save money and time.
It’s a cost-effective way to reach your audience and doesn’t require many resources or technical knowledge. You don’t need to have a large budget or hire someone to set up your email marketing services.
- It can help you build your brand.
When you send out emails, your subscribers will see you’re serious about communicating with them. They’ll also notice any updates or changes to your business. If they like what they see or read, they’ll be more likely to return for more.
- It can help you sell more products.
Email marketing allows you to send out sales and promotional offers to your existing customers so they’ll buy more from you in the future. You can also create special email campaigns focusing on specific products, like a sale on one of your newest items or a discount for first-time buyers.
- It is a great way to keep in touch with customers.
It helps you build relationships with people who have already shown interest in your business and its products.
- It can help you get more traffic to your website.
When you send out emails with links to your site, people interested in what you offer will click through and look around. These clicks may only sometimes result in sales, but they can lead to valuable leads for future campaigns.
- It allows you to track who your customers are.
You can keep track of which emails are more effective at generating sales and then use that information to create better campaigns in the future.
Types of email marketing campaigns
Email marketing campaigns are the most effective and cost-effective way to reach your target audience. Email marketing strategy can be used to generate sales, grow your email list, and increase engagement. There are email marketing examples you can create. example;
This type of campaign is best for introducing new products or services to customers who may still need to learn about them. You’ll want to include information about what makes this product unique from other similar products on the market today so that it stands out as something worth trying out.
This type of campaign helps promote existing products by highlighting special offers or discounts available only through this promotion which will encourage customers who already know about these items but haven’t purchased yet due perhaps not having enough money at the time (or maybe just because they forgot) into buying now instead later when prices go back up again – saving everyone money in total over time.
This type of campaign helps you generate leads by encouraging customers to sign up for your email list. You can do this with a simple form on your website or landing page asking them what they’re interested in and then providing them with more information on those topics once they submit their information. You’ll want to include an incentive such as a discount code or free shipping if they become a member of your email list so that they don’t feel like it was a waste of time filling out the form.
This type of campaign helps build relationships between customers and your brand by sending out personalized messages based on customer preferences or demographic data gathered from past purchase.
Tips for creating the best email marketing services
Create a compelling subject line.
Your email’s subject line is the first thing people see when they open their inbox, so it needs to be engaging enough that they’ll want to click on it. Consider including some call-to-action in your subject line–such as “Click here for 20% off!” or “You won’t believe what happened next!”–and make sure that it reflects the content of your message.
Send relevant content based on subscriber preferences and interests.
The best way not only helps ensure that each subscriber receives valuable information but also helps grow engagement over time by providing more personalized experiences across various channels, such as social media platforms like Facebook Messenger, where personalized marketing messages can be sent directly from brands without having any impact on user privacy.
Send at optimum times according to recipient preferences.
For example, if someone signs up via Instagram, then send them emails based upon their interests rather than just sending generic ones across all platforms regardless of whether someone has signed up from one platform versus another one because this could potentially alienate potential customers who may stop using services altogether due lack interest level being met during initial stages.
Growing Your Email List
If you want to grow your email list, then you will need to find a way to get more people to sign up.
One of the best ways that you can achieve this is by offering something in return for signing up, such as a free gift or discount code.
You can also offer discounts on future purchases if someone signs up for your mailing list. This is a great way to get people excited about your brand, and it will give them a reason to come back in the future.
You can also offer something unique and valuable that no one else is offering. This can be anything from free shipping on all purchases to a free gift when someone signs up for your mailing list.
If you are looking for more ways to grow your email list and drive sales, then check out these other ideas:
- Email subscribers get first access to new products or services that you may offer in the future.
- Offer exclusive content only available to those who sign up for your mailing list. This could be anything from videos about how you make your products or services to behind-the-scenes photos of life at your company.
How to get started with email marketing
There are many different ways to get started with email marketing.
- The first step is to select an email provider, which is a service that allows you to create and send emails. Some of the most popular email providers include Moosend, AWeber, ActiveCampaign (my favourite), GetResponse, and Benchmark.
- From there, it’s time to start building your list. First, you’ll need to create a landing page where people can sign up for your email list. This can be as simple as an opt-in form on your website, or it could be a separate page with more information about what you plan to send out.
- Next, start promoting that form. Use social media ads and posts to drive traffic to the signup page. You may also want to include a link in the footer of all emails sent from your company—this will help build your list even faster.
- Once you have your list, it’s time to start sending emails! Your first email should be an introduction, letting people know what they can expect from your digital marketing agency. Next up is a welcome email—this should include more information about your company and what you do, along with some links to previous work.
- Finally, you can begin sending out emails on a regular basis. Make sure to send them at least once a month so that people don’t forget who you are and what you do.
How to choose an email service provider
When you’re looking for an email marketing services provider, it’s important to consider all of these factors.
- Look for a provider that is easy to use and affordable.
- It should also have a good reputation and provide stellar customer service.
- You’ll also want one with great features and integrability options so you can easily integrate with your other software tools in order to get the most out of your campaign data.
Email service providers review
The features include; email marketing software, marketing automation, customer data analytics, contact management, and reporting.
ActiveCampaing Pros and Cons
- Affordable – For small businesses looking to automate their marketing but don’t want the commitment of a large monthly fee, ActiveCampaign is an ideal solution. Their entry-level plan starts at just $29/month with no setup fees.
- Ease of use – ActiveCampaign offers a visual marketing automation builder—a tool that makes it easy to create automated campaigns. You’ll notice how intuitively the interface is designed right away when you start using ActiveCampaign.
- Automation split testing – This feature enables you to compare the performance of entire sequences, not just individual emails.
- Lots of Integrations – ActiveCampaign boasts 900+ integrations with other applications and SaaS tools, whereas many automation software relies solely on using third-party APIs to connect disparate platforms.
- Machine learning – In recent years, ActiveCampaign has developed a number of innovative features that use machine learning to automate your marketing and sales processes.
- CRM –ActiveCampaign provides powerful marketing automation because it has an in-built CRM – though this is not as good as standalone platforms like other competitors.
The software is available in four editions: Lite, Plus, Professional and Enterprise. Each edition comes with a different set of features.
The features include Marketing Channels, Branding & Design Experience, Marketing Automation, Tracking, Reporting and Insights, Support & Services, Integrations & Connectivity.
Moosend Pros and Cons
- One of the most affordable email marketing and marketing automation platforms that offer many features at a price that won’t blow up your marketing budget
- All plans include access to all features without any additional charges.
- Custom templates and excellent customer service are just two of the many great features offered by this product.
- It offers only email marketing and marketing automation options while neglecting other essential tools – such as CRM.
It offers a free plan that allows you to send up to 300 emails per month. The free email marketing program does not need a credit card to join
It has lots of email marketing templates(integrated with Canva), autoresponders, No learning curve, Lots of automation, and Segmentation of subscribers.
Aweber Pros and Cons
- It’s extremely reliable and has a great reputation among users.
- Its interface is very user-friendly, so it’s easy to set up campaigns and send emails without any coding knowledge.
- Aweber customers can choose from a variety of ready-made templates that are available either for free or at a reasonable cost.
- Some users have reported glitches when using Aweber’s forms.
- The landing page builder is awesome, but there’s no way to run A/B tests.
Aweber has a free plan that will take up to 500 subscribers, one email list, one landing page, and one email automation. To join the free Plan, you don’t need a credit card.
The other packages include the Lite, Plus, and Unlimited.
It has a good list-building feature, Subscriber Segmentation, Reporting Analytics, E-commerce, Web Push notifications, good Integration(with Facebook, Paypal, WordPress, and WooCommerce), and email marketing solutions
Gist Pros and Cons
- While other companies offer free plans, Gist’s is the most comprehensive.
- The ability to deliver a consistent message across multiple channels.
- Build your list with opt-in forms and pop-ups.
- The chat history feature could be more convenient.
- Limited integrations list.
Gist has three pricing packages; Premium, Profesional, and Free Forever.
The Free Forever Package. Joining is free.
Some of the key features are No Technical Skills Required, an intuitive Platform for All Users, a Secure and Reliable Structure, Advanced Features to Scale, High Customer Satisfaction at 98%, Support, 2 Factor Account Access, and email marketing tools.
Pabbly Pros and Cons
- It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee so that customers can be sure of their purchase.
- More than 800 apps are integrated.
- Easy to integrate without any technical skills.
- Accounts can share workflow templates with one another.
- Pro plan has a limit of 20 workflows.
It has a customizable pricing plan. It has three pricing plans; Standard, Pro, and Ultimate. The longer your subscription is, the better for you. Thirty-six months subscription can save you up to 50% of the cost compared with the other durations.
The features include Email marketing, Marketing automation, Marketing CRM, Landing Pages, Smart content, e-Commerce, Lead generation, Reporting, and integration.
Benchmark Pros and Cons
- Benchmark Free Plan comes with 500 contacts and 3500 emails per month.
- Integrations with more than 1,500 applications.
- Large selection of ready-made templates for any industry.
- Creating email campaigns is a snap.
- Extra media storage is a paid option.
- We’d love to see more templates for the pop-up forms.
Benchmark has a Free, Lite (starting at $9.99), Pro ($15), and Enterprise plan. Start for Free and Upgrade to paid when you’re ready; beginning with the lite gives you room to grow without making too big of an investment initially.
It has the following features; Email marketing, Autoresponders, Website builders, Landing pages, Marketing automation, SMS marketing, Web push notification, Webinars, Pop-ups, and forms.
GetResponse Pros and Cons
- Super friendly user interface.
- It has a webinar integrated.
- Multiple app integrations.
- One of the best Customer support.
- Its email automation structure is complex.
- The webinar feature can accommodate only 500 people.
You can choose from either Email marketing, Marketing automation, or eCommerce marketing packages. It also has a free plan you can choose from and upgrade later.
It has the following features; Email marketing, Automation, Website builder, Landing pages, Email verifier, and the iPad subscription app.
Mailerlite Pros and Cons
- The user interface is easy to work with.
- It integrates with most third-party service providers, including Shopify and WooCommerce.
- The company’s customer support is known for its speedy and efficient service.
- Most of the advanced features are not available in the Free plan.
Mailerlite offers a Free plan, designed for companies just getting started. The Growing Business plan ($9/month) gives you more space to grow (up to 1,000 subscribers), while the Advanced and Enterprise plans offer additional features.
We hope you’ve found this article helpful and that it has helped you to choose the best eMarketing software for your needs. As always, if you have any questions about this article or anything else related to eMarketing software, please leave a comment below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.